I recently learned that many people in our class will not be able to attend our class in person, or even via Zoom, this coming Wednesday, because of important family commitments, many of them connected with Lunar New Year.
So here's the alternative plan!
- This week I will be doing a recorded one hour Zoom interview with an interesting and notable mathematical artist and public educator from the UK, Nick Sayers
- I will post a link to the video of the interview on our class blog next Wednesday February 18 (as well as the readings, etc. to prepare for our February 25 class).
- Watch the video interview between Wednesday Feb 18 and Saturday Feb 21.
- Make a separate post on your blog in the form of a 'letter to Nick Sayers', where you write about what you take away from the interview, two or three 'stops' you had while watching it, and a question you would like to ask him about the relationship between mathematics and the arts (and education).
- Visit at least one other classmate's reflective blog post about the interview, and leave a comment. (Please first choose a classmate who has not yet received a comment!)
- I will copy everyone's letters and comments into a document and email it to Nick Sayers next week -- and if he has time, he may reply!
Remember that you will also be doing next week's readings and your usual reading group responses to these as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment